1. Long Needed
"I couldn't believe what I saw when I received the notice on this product. I installed the two I bought and enjoy the freedom from cleaning and fishing. Bathroom sinks are famous for clogging because of the oils entering the sink. Also I have on several occasions have had to fish out a ring or other objects from the sink. Now cleaning and fishing are a snap. I hardly ever give out 5 starts but this product earns it. I have recommended this to many friends."
2. Great product
"This is a wonderful invention! So far no clogged drains! Just turn the valve every so often and you sink should never clog! Love the design and the tight fit with the other plumbing- no leaks either!"
3. Great idea, Easy five minute install, Never clog!!!
Got this as a gift as requested. It took all of five minutes to install it, that includes getting a bucket to remove the existing p-trap, unscrew everything (no tools even needed), take out old p-trap, put this one in, screwed everything back on.
Turned on the water...watch it flow through...watch water fill in air to create sewer seal (as is intent of p-trap)...but, can see what is sitting in there if. If it ever gets clogged...turn the wheel...done!
for those that would rather replace a trap ($2-$4) everytime it gets clogged...or buy expensive chemicals or buy tools to snake in there...then, that's your choice. for me $20 to get this, install it, and always see what's trapped and easy to remove clogs...no question, easy piezy lemon squeezy!!!
Uploading photo so that you see what it looks like installed. again, everything fit perfectly and easily for me.
BUY IT, INSTALL IT, Never CLOG!
I am a single woman with a single daughter who should have been moved out years ago! For years My bathroom sink would clog leading to use some very strong chemicals or calling on my boy friend to remove the drain and remove the debris. usually lots of hair. I ordered this and presented this task to my boyfriend who was skeptical at first but the knob impressed him. The installation was easy, so easy I know I could have done it myself. But I digressed and let him be the hero. (I want a man to feel like a man.) He did use plumbers tape to provide a seal. This Drain works flawlessly and the knob to help speed hairy sludge along? It Works! Yeah Plumbers are scared of this product. You won't need strong chemicals or big manpower for your bathroom sink. Clearly the industry has been set on its ear and will post negative reviews without even using the product! Amazing being a woman living alone and growing older by the second this will save many bills down the line. I am looking for many maintenance free products as I grow older and my base finances grow smaller. It is clear, you can see the obstruction or lost item. It's easy to remove or turn the knob!
5. It's awesome! Buy with your eyes shut!
Guess what! It's such a big peace of mind to know that your drain pipe is transparent. Even when I don't own a diamond ring that could get lodged there!
Even my very experienced grey-haired ARS guy the other day was awestruck when he saw that. "Where did you get that? It's amazing!" he remarked. It felt good that I was ahead of his other customers and creating a new market trend.
Ever since I have installed this, drain clog has been a thing of the past.
6. Great for bathrooms
Like most men, I have facial hair that requires the occasional trimming/shaving/ shaping/modifying. I usually perform said maintenance over my bathroom sink. Unfortunately, everywhere I've ever lived and shaved at, the sink starts to clog. Doesn't matter if I diligently remove move of the hair and throw it in the trash, some works its way into the drain and eventually slows the draining process, which means that I periodically need to run some Liquid Plumber down the drain.
This has always bothered me (and I'm sure the chemicals I'm dumping down the drain aren't exactly helping the water supply), so I thought I'd look for a solution.
Behold the PermaFLOW Never-Clog Drain.
I bought this during the holiday sale (did next to no research on it other than reading a few reviews) because it was about the price of the big Liquid Plumber and I figured it was worth a shot. It works.
Installation is simple. I needed a set of Channel lock Pliers to loosen the previous plastic piping; said piping (already starting to get clogged up again) was then dropped in my bucket while I installed the new P Trap. There are 2 sets of washers and nuts for each side, which I presume are sized for the most common pipes; the larger one fit mine nice and tight. I screwed it on hand tight then gave it an extra quarter turn. Flipped on the water, no leaks!
Then I read the instructions and learned the correct position for the internal piece, adjusted the wheel and the drain seemed to clear faster. Thus far (less than a month after installation), I have yet to notice any build up inside the pipe, however I know that if I did, I could just turn on the water and rotate the wheel to clear it.
7. Excellent product
I purchased 6 PermaFlow products to put into a new home. They work wonderfully. It is so helpful to have a visual of what is or is not in the drain! I recommend them to all my friends. Simple but effective!
8. PermaFLOW Review
I read all of the reviews of this product, pro and con, including the responses by the manufacturer. I decided to order two of them to try. They were easy to install and haven't leaked a drop. I am going to order two more. To those who gave the product bad reviews, either you haven't tried them or you did something wrong. I think one of the problems some people have may be caused by over tightening. Hand tighten only worked fine for my. Just my opinion.
9. I first used the PlungeMax after my husband managed to clog up the toilet (and then left for work). Having never liked using a plunger I was hoping for a clean, easy to use product - and the PlungeMax is it! I'll admit I was not sure it would really perform as stated on the package but with two "pushes" the toilet was unclogged. No mess, no plunger dripping disgusting water on the floor. I have used it many times since then and every time it does the trick. I found it very easy to use, and of course easy to store behind the toilet. I would highly recommend this product.
10. I have used the PlungeMAX several times with excellent results. It really is no fuss, no muss! It worked well with 1 or 2 plunges. I folded it back up and stored it out of the way behind the toilet. Fortunately, this isn't something I have to do very often, but now it is much easier and I don't have a mess to clean up. I would definitely recommend this product.
11. I have a Kohler Wellworth elongated bowl (a rare Kohler that tends to clog easily). Regular plungers do not seal the opening because of its odd shape. I ordered this product out of desperation, and the first time I used it I almost flooded the bathroom because I was pumping it the way you do with a regular plunger (this was after the toilet snake failed to do the job). DON'T PUMP THE PLUNGEMAX REPEATEDLY! If it doesn't clear the clog right away, it pulls water in from the tank with each pump and causes the water level in the bowl to rise. The second time I used the PlungeMAX, I pumped it once quickly, slowly lifted the seat from it, then pumped it quickly again. This time the clog was cleared. Next time it took 9 pumps to clear it, but it beats the heck out of calling the plumber. And no dirty water touches it. A good product if you know the trick!
12. From one frequent clogger to another, this product is a MUST have. My wife gave this to me for Christmas as a gag gift. Little did she know it's now the gift that keeps on giving! It really works as described and better than I expected. 2nd best invention of 2010 beat out only by the Ipad :-). It's really nice for the germophobe which I am. No more dripping & splashing toilet water. Much easier to store. Thank you PlungeMax for improving my life!!!
13. I currently have 3 regular plungers with handles in my home. I hate having to use these. Only one of them works with minimal splash. The problem with these are they don't seal the bowl well on an elongated bowl. I hope to never use these again after using the plungemax. I have used the plungemax a couple of times and it has worked perfectly each time. Nothing touches the water. There is no splash and no wet dripping plunger to remove from the bowl and clean. I hope to never go back to the stick plunger again. If you have the problem like I do with family members clogging the toilet, I highly recommend getting a plungemax.